Fruits are the perfect on the go snack and great for a natural sugar boost.
- Excellent sources of vitamin C, beta carotene and potassium.
- Many contain phytochemicals, thought to help protect against cancer.
- High in fibre.
Ways to increase you fruit intake
- Add fruit to your morning cereal or porridge
- Drink a small glass of juice with your breakfast
- Keep the fruit bowl topped up and in a handy place to grab a quick snack instead of reaching for the biscuits
- Take a small tub of chopped up fruit to work or on days out to snack on
- Make your own smoothie with natural yogurt, frozen berries are great for this
- Add berries into your pancake batter mix
- Save the over ripe bananas for smoothies
- Add slices of apples or pear to salads
- If you see fruit you haven’t tried, buy it to add a variety to your fruit bowl
- Chopped apricots are delicious when mixed into couscous
Eating a balanced diet can support weight management and improve mood and overall wellbeing. Interested to learn about pro active eating, click here to request further information