Here is a super dip to spice up your celery
How to spice up your celery. Celery can be a little disappointing on the eye, yet as its a powerful ‘negative’ food it is in our interest to eat it. This simple dip can transform and support the nutritional value ensuring it supports the ‘pro active’ eating methods.
- 25g Bulgur Wheat
- 150g Cherry Tomatoes
- 2tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1tbsp Lemon Juice
- Half teaspoon ground cumin
- Half small chilli chopped and seeded
- Half tablespoon of shredded mint leaves
- Half tablespoon of turmeric
- Half tablespoon of toasted pine nuts (optional for topping)
- Soak Bulgur Wheat for 10 minutes in freshly boiled water.
- Blanch tomatoes for 10 seconds in boiling water.
- Place all ingredients in a blender (minus the pine nuts)
- Blend to preferred consistency.
- Place in bowl add pine nuts to top and enjoy with crisp fresh celery.
Did you know that Bulgur Wheat is lower in calories and fat than brown rice and packs in twice the value of fibre! Super to aid weight loss and help maintain a healthy gut.