A study in 2018 looked at alternative therapies in contrast to prescribed HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy). Despite a non conclusive result mainly due to the individuals interpretation of symptoms and the limited clinical support during the trial, the conclusive discussion stated that the safest and most effective way to treat menopausal symptoms will be different for each woman and will involve a multifaceted approach incorporating diet, exercise, supplementation, and possibly reflexology.
I have worked with clients who have expressed a reduction in their symptoms when they have made dietary changes, commenced taking supplements, introduced exercise (yoga) once a week and received reflexology once a week.
When we look at balancing the hormones it involves the endocrine system.
To romance and create a happy optimum functioning endocrine system you should aim to reduce stress within the body by:
- Eating foods that are known to be anti-inflammatory and non digestive irritants
- Free up the organ systems through gentle yoga postures that allow the body to stretch and organs rebalance and settle (particularly important if you have a job where you sit for prolonged time)
- Take herbal supplements such as Black cohosh, Sage
- Take vitamins and minerals B6, K2,D3 Magnesium, Boron, Calcium, Omega-3
- Learn meditation
- Achieve complete deep relaxation through either deep tissue massage or reflexology.
To make changes in your diet connect with me for a 60 minute video call and hear how easy it is to start working towards a healthier and happier menopause.
For those living in the Southport area (North West UK), I offer Reflexology and dietary advice combined. Click her to enquire.